The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Rift Systems and Sedimentary Basins
Phanerozoic Rift Systems and Sedimentary Basins
Expert petroleum geologists David Roberts and Albert Bally bring you Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Rift Systems and Sedimentary Basins, volume two in a three-volume series covering Phanerozoic regional geology and tectonics. Experience in analyzing and assessing rifts—locations where the Earth’s outer shell and crust have been stretched over time by seismic activity—is critical for you as an exploration geologist in identifying Earth’s most lucrative hydrocarbon locations in which extraction is both efficient and safe. Vast compilations of related industry data present regional seismic lines and cross sections, and summaries of analogue and theoretical models are provided as an essential backdrop to the structure and stratigraphy of various geological settings.
- Named a 2013 Outstanding Academic Title by the American Library Association's Choice publication
- A practical reference for petroleum geologists that discusses the importance of rift systems and the structural evolution of the Earth
- Analyses of active rifts in East Africa, China, Siberia, the Gulf of Suez, and the Russian Arctic provide immediately implementable petroleum exploration applications in regions heavily targeted by oil & gas companies
- Presents overviews of sequence stratigraphy in rifts and structural controls on clastic and carbonate sedimentation—critical to the exact mapping of the most lucrative hydrocarbon locations by exploration geologists
500 pages; ISBN 9780444563637
, or download in or
More from this author
- The Western Alps, from Rift to Passive Margin to Orogenic Belt2010US$ 146.00429 pages
- Regional Geology and Tectonics: Principles of Geologic Analysis2012US$ 169.95908 pages