1. In Arras, boys and girls are segregated from one another in their schools and neighborhoods. Why
does the Guild think this is necessary? Why do you think they do it?
2. Adelice often says and does things that seem both brave and foolish. What clues are we given about
why she acts so differently from the other Eligible girls?
3. Why does Cormac Patton seem so interested in Adelice when he's a notorious ladies' man? How do you feel about the attention he pays her?
4. Adelice's father told her the hourglass techprint on her wrist would help her remember who she was.
How do Adelice's thoughts regarding the techprint evolve? What do you think her father wanted her to
5. What functions do the looms serve in the Coventry? Do you wish we had technology that allowed us to control weather, food supplies, and natural disasters? Why or why not?
306 pages; ISBN 9780374316440
Author: Gennifer Albin
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 10.99 320 pages
The Sex-Starved Marriage 2011 US$ 13.99 224 pages