The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Passive Margins, Cratonic Basins and Global Tectonic Maps
Phanerozoic Passive Margins, Cratonic Basins and Global Tectonic Maps
Expert petroleum geologists David Roberts and Albert Bally bring you Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Passive Margins, Cratonic Basins and Global Tectonic Maps, volume three in a three-volume series covering Phanerozoic regional geology and tectonics. Its key focus is on both volcanic and non-volcanic passive margins, and the importance of salt and shale driven by sedimentary tectonics to their evolution. Recent innovative research on such critical locations as Iberia, Newfoundland, China, and the North Sea are incorporated to provide practical real-world case studies in regional geology and tectonics. The vast amount of volcanic data now available to form accurate hydrocarbon assessments and analysis at passive margin locations is also included into this thorough yet accessible reference.
- Named a 2013 Outstanding Academic Title by the American Library Association's Choice publication
- A "how-to" practical reference that discusses the impact of the development of passive margins and cratonic basins on the structural evolution of the Earth in regional geology and tectonic applications.
- Incorporates the increased availability of industry data to present regional seismic lines and cross-sections, leading to more accurate analysis and assessment of targeted hydrocarbon systems
- Analyses of passive margins and cratonic basins in East Africa, China, Siberia, the Gulf of Suez, and the Laptev Sea in the Russian Arctic provide immediately implementable petroleum exploration applications
- Summaries of analogue and theoretical models are provided as an essential backdrop to the structure and stratigraphy of various geological settings.
1200 pages; ISBN 9780444563620
, or download in or
More from this author
- The Western Alps, from Rift to Passive Margin to Orogenic Belt2010US$ 146.00429 pages
- Regional Geology and Tectonics: Principles of Geologic Analysis2012US$ 169.95908 pages