World Class Communication
How great CEO's win with the public, shareholders, employees, and the media
As the "face" of a company, the CEO has to communicate successfully with diverse audiences. Many people and organizations can have an impact on a company's fortunes, including shareholders, the media, employees, unions, and government. Not surprisingly, those CEOs who communicate best tend to have the longest tenures and the greatest success on the job. World Class Communication is a valuable guide for any CEO who wants to win with all audiences. It is also essential reading for any executive who wants to rise through the ranks and for those who help guide their careers.
For over thirty years, author and media trainer Virgil Scudder has coached and counseled CEOs from scores of organizations, from their greatest successes to their worst high-profile crises. World Class Communication captures these lessons and illustrates them with real-life examples drawn from the author's experiences.
Emphasizing the communication responsibilities of the C-Suiteincluding public speaking, media appearances, internal communication, and investor relationsWorld Class Communication explores:
- The effective Scudder Method, and how to apply it successfully to nearly every communication situation
- Cultural sensitivity and why it is critical to success in a global economy
- Why the wrong choice of words can be damaging to a leader's image and effectiveness
- The power of an apology and how it sets the stage for healing and moving forward
- Why communication with investors and employees must be clear, concise, credible, and delivered with confidence
- The importance of media interviews/training
- Why taking questions after a speech builds a bridge between you and your audience and creates goodwill for the company
- How to handle the inevitable crisis that is often the supreme test of your leadership
- How to prepare for government hearings, the toughest arena for an executive
Featuring extensive interviews and detailed case studiesincluding Gillette, BP, Kraft, UPS, and Avonthis book provides examples of best practices and lessons learned to help you optimize your career and your organization's good standing. Each chapter concludes with a series of tips to show you specific areas that need to be considered in all aspects of leadership communication.
Communicate clearly, confidently, and memorably with the valuable, real-world instruction found in World Class Communication.
352 pages; ISBN 9781118282977
, or download in or
Title: World Class Communication
Author: Virgil Scudder; Ken Scudder
The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle 2004 US$ 13.99 224 pages
To Sell Is Human 2012 US$ 12.99 256 pages
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Large industry. Factory system. Big business > Cooperation. Cooperative societies
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Industry
- Business > Business Communication > Meetings & Presentations
- Business > Leadership
- Business > Public Relations