OHSAS 18001 Step by Step
A Practical Guide
An essential guide to OHSAS 18001
In this easy-to-understand and timely pocket guide, Naeem Sadiq, examines the practical and managerial issues an organisation faces as it gears up to meet OHSAS 18001 standards of occupational health and safety.
Using a wide variety of fictional ‘real world’ scenarios, Sadiq demonstrates the hazards that might be present in a workplace, how to assess risk, how to manage OHSAS 18001 implementation and how to communicate its implementation through all levels of management.
Sadiq takes the complex, and often impenetrable, concepts that surround health and safety and presents them with absolute precision and clarity.
A sound understanding of OHSAS 18001
OHSAS 18001: Step by Step is more than a primer. Besides giving the reader a sound understanding of OHSAS 18001, the pocket guide can be used as a step-by-step instructional manual for anyone tasked with implementing operational health and safety standards in the workplace.
This pocket guide gives its readers:
- A comprehensive explanation of OHSAS 18001 and its implications
- An understanding of how OHSAS 18001 can be implemented through the PDCI (Plan-Do-Check-Improve) management principle
- A ‘how-to’ guide for establishing an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy
- A ‘how-to’ guide for identifying risks and controls within the organisation
- An understanding of the law; the legislative and contractual OH&S requirements to which an organisation subscribes
- An explanation of how OH&S objectives can be determined and established, and how to apportion responsibility and accountability throughout the organisation
- Clear understanding of OH&S accountability and the need for diligent record-keeping
- A ‘how-to’ guide for setting up a training, competence and awareness regime
- Understanding of how OHSAS 18001 protects not just colleagues, but customers and contractors who enter your workplace
- Expert guidance on how to deal with emergencies.
Protect your workforce with OHSAS 18001
122 pages; ISBN 9781849283632
, or download in
Title: OHSAS 18001 Step by Step
Author: Naeem Sadiq
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The E-Myth Revisited 2009 US$ 10.99 288 pages