Assessing the risks
Do you trust the Cloud? Should you trust the Cloud?
'Cloud Computing' are the words on everyone's lips – it's the latest technology, the way forward. But how safe is it? Is it reliable? How secure will your information be?
Cloud Computing: Assessing the risks answers these questions and many more. Using jargon-free language and relevant examples, analogies and diagrams, it is an up-to-date, clear and comprehensive guide the security, governance, risk, and compliance elements of Cloud Computing.
Written by three internationally renowned experts, this book discusses the primary concerns of most businesses leaders – the security and risk elements of the Cloud. But 'security and risk’ are just two elements of Cloud Computing, and this book focuses on all the critical components of a successful cloud programme including – compliance, risk, reliability, availability, areas of responsibility, Cloud Computing borders, legalities, digital forensics and business continuity. This book covers them all.
This book will enable you to:
- understand the different types of Cloud and know which is the right one for your business
- have realistic expectations of what a Cloud service can give you, and enable you to manage it in the way that suits your business
- minimise potential disruption by successfully managing the risks and threats
- make appropriate changes to your business in order to seize opportunities offered by Cloud
- set up an effective governance system and benefit from the consequential cost savings and reductions in expenditure
- understand the legal implications of international data protection and privacy laws, and protect your business against falling foul of such laws
- appreciate how the Cloud can benefit your business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
297 pages; ISBN 9781849283601
, or download in
Title: Cloud Computing
Author: Jared Carstensen; JP Morgenthal; Bernard Golden
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The E-Myth Revisited 2009 US$ 10.99 288 pages
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business and Commerce > Office management
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business
- Academic > Economics > Commerce
- Computers > Networking > Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication
- Business > Risk Management
- Business > Project Management