The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Geophysical Data Analysis: Discrete Inverse Theory
Since 1984, Geophysical Data Analysis has filled the need for a short, concise reference on inverse theory for individuals who have an intermediate background in science and mathematics. The new edition maintains the accessible and succinct manner for which it is known, with the addition of:
- MATLAB examples and problem sets
- Advanced color graphics
- Coverage of new topics, including Adjoint Methods; Inversion by Steepest Descent, Monte Carlo and Simulated Annealing methods; and Bootstrap algorithm for determining empirical confidence intervals
- Online data sets and MATLAB scripts that can be used as an inverse theory tutorial.
- Additional material on probability, including Bayesian influence, probability density function, and metropolis algorithm
- Detailed discussion of application of inverse theory to tectonic, gravitational and geomagnetic studies
- Numerous examples and end-of-chapter homework problems help you explore and further understand the ideas presented
- Use as classroom text facilitated by a complete set of exemplary lectures in Microsoft PowerPoint format and homework problem solutions for instructors
- Check out the companion website: http://www.elsevierdirect.com/companion.jsp?ISBN=9780123971609
and the Instructor website: http://textbooks.elsevier.com/web/manuals.aspx?isbn=9780123971609
348 pages; ISBN 9780123977847
, or download in or