Principles of Data Integration
How do you approach answering queries when your data is stored in multiple databases that were designed independently by different people? This is first comprehensive book on data integration and is written by three of the most respected experts in the field.
This book provides an extensive introduction to the theory and concepts underlying today's data integration techniques, with detailed, instruction for their application using concrete examples throughout to explain the concepts. Data integration is the problem of answering queries that span multiple data sources (e.g., databases, web pages). Data integration problems surface in multiple contexts, including enterprise information integration, query processing on the Web, coordination between government agencies and collaboration between scientists. In some cases, data integration is the key bottleneck to making progress in a field.
The authors provide a working knowledge of data integration concepts and techniques, giving you the tools you need to develop a complete and concise package of algorithms and applications.
*Offers a range of data integration solutions enabling you to focus on what is most relevant to the problem at hand.
*Enables you to build your own algorithms and implement your own data integration applications
*Companion website with numerous project-based exercises and solutions and slides. Links to commercially available software allowing readers to build their own algorithms and implement their own data integration applications. Facebook page for reader input during and after publication.
520 pages; ISBN 9780123914798
, or download in or
Title: Principles of Data Integration
Author: AnHai Doan; Alon Halevy; Zachary Ives
Alan M. Turing 2012 US$ 13.00 210 pages
Microsoft Excel and Access Integration 2007 US$ 39.99 410 pages
Alan Turing: The Enigma 2014 US$ 16.95 777 pages
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Database management
- Academic > Computer Science > Data compression
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Database Management
- Computers > Data Modeling & Design