A Real-World Guide to Effective VMware Use
With scores of step-by-step solutions, this cookbook helps you work with VMware ESXi in a wide range of network environments. You’ll not only learn the basics—how to pool resources from hardware servers, computer clusters, networks, and storage, and then distribute them among virtual machines—but also how to overcome the stumbling blocks you’ll encounter when you monitor systems, troubleshoot problems, and deal with security.
This expanded second edition covers recent advances in vCloud Director and vShield cloud security. Ideal for system administrators of any level, VMware Cookbook also includes valuable information to help you determine your virtualization needs.
- Move into the cloud with vCloud Director, and secure virtual datacenters with vSphere
- Secure and monitor your virtual environment from the command line
- Manage disk, SSD, and SAN storage implementation and configuration
- Discover options for managing resources, such as clustering, shares, and hot add/hotplug support
- Configure logical and physical networks, including virtual switches and software and hardware adapters
- Make virtual machine replication easier by automating ESXi installations
- Gain valuable tips for configuration and fine-tuning
368 pages; ISBN 9781449340483
, or download in or
Title: VMware Cookbook
Author: Ryan Troy; Matthew Helmke
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition 2015 US$ 79.95 1283 pages
Programming in Haskell 2007 US$ 52.00 185 pages