The comprehensive guide to furniture design expandedand updated
Furniture designers draw on a range of knowledge and disciplinesto create their work. From history to theory to technology,Furniture Design offers a comprehensive survey of theessential craft- and practice-related aspects of furnituredesign.
Generously illustrated with photographs anddrawingsincluding a new color sectionthis SecondEdition features updated coverage of material specifications,green design, digital design, and fabrication technologies. It alsofeatures twenty-five case studies of furniture design thatrepresent a broad selection of works, designers, and techniques,including recent designs produced within the last decade.
The book explores:
- Furniture function and social use
- Form, spatial organization, and typological orders
- Structural integrity and composition
- Accessibility, universal design, human factors, andergonomics
- The design process, from schematics through fabrication
- Materials, processes, and methods of fabrication
- Professional practice and marketing
- The history of furniture design, from prehistory to the digitalage
Complete with a glossary of terms and a comprehensivebibliography, Furniture Design, Second Edition is a one-stopresource that furniture designers will turn to regularly for theadvice, guidance, and information needed to perform theircraft.
400 pages; ISBN 9781118353189
, or download in or
Title: Furniture Design
Author: Jim Postell
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up 2014 US$ 9.99 192 pages
Unclutter Your Life in One Week 2009 US$ 11.99 256 pages