China Fast Forward
The Technologies, Green Industries and Innovations Driving the Mainland's Future
Everyone knows that China is on the fast track to becoming a truly international superpower, but can it maintain its success? Endless horror storiesfrom tainted pet food to railroad disastersseverely undermine the nation's aspirations and, as a result, China now finds itself at a critical juncture: it can adopt a more sustainable approach that will allow it to continue as a dynamic powerhouse, or it can fall far short of its incredible potential.
In China Fast Forward: The Technologies, Green Industries and Innovations Driving the Mainland's Future, China business expert Bill Dodson takes an in-depth look at the sustainability challenges facing the country as it works to become a global economic leader. Exploring the Chinese approach to innovationwhich relies heavily on reverse-engineering foreign technologies, rather than encouraging domestic creativityand the ways in which heavy industry and new brands are being leveraged to build international standing, the book incorporates personal anecdotes and interviews to bring modern China vividly to life.
If the country is to continue to develop, it needs to improve its ability to generate cleaner, more efficient energy to power its booming industries. China is already moving away from fossil fuels and towards sustainable resources that will allow for true energy independence, and this book shows how, by embracing alternative sources and beginning to address pollution concerns, the country is coming to grips with the value of green power.
China's path towards superpower status is littered with obstacles. Government intervention is a constant threat to real progress, but the country is meeting global challenges on a scale that few nations can match. As China ponders how to respond to the impediments to its potentially golden future, China Fast Forward takes a look at what lies ahead, and why China's successes and failures hold important lessons for us all.
288 pages; ISBN 9781118176351
, or download in or
Title: China Fast Forward
Author: Bill Dodson
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement > Environmentalism
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism, green movement
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Environmental Economics
- Business > Sustainable Development
- Business > Economic Development
- Business > Development