China Fast Forward
The Technologies, Green Industries and Innovations Driving the Mainland's Future
China is tirelessly working to overcome its technological deficiencies by driving R&D initiatives in government and business and adapting Western Internet platforms for domestic use. It is extending its technological reach through a major drive to rival India as a services outsourcing leader and projecting its high-tech brands into the companies and homes of other countries. But whether China succeeds will depend on how it handles such issues as demography, energy dependency, and resource limitations.
The environmental challenges posed by China's vast manufacturing sector are well documented, but what isn't widely realized is that China is actually outstripping the West in all manner of green initiatives, renewable energy investments, research and development funding, and other areas essential to improving the health of the planet. However, omnipresent government intervention, environmental degradation, natural resource exhaustion, and other issues threaten to derail China’s rise to superpower status. As the country meets global challenges on a scale that few nations can match, China Fast Forward takes a look at what lies ahead and why China’s success is important to us all.
In this book, Bill Dodson explores China's reincarnation from a closed, agrarian nation into a modern, high-tech superpower bent on literally cleaning up its act.
- Presents an on-the-ground survey and analysis of China's renewable and clean energy sector that identifies the kinds of projects and technologies Chinese enterprises and local governments are hungry for
- Includes a discussion on how successful Chinese companies are developing their brands to go head-to-head with the world’s best-known companies
- Discusses how central government conflicts of interest are actually foiling corporate and official drives to innovation across a range of sectors
Taking a look inside China's march toward becoming a sustainable superpower through innovation, China Fast Forward presents a balance sheet of the country's technological and social progress on its path to becoming a world leader.
288 pages; ISBN 9781118176351
, or download in or
Title: China Fast Forward
Author: Bill Dodson
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement > Environmentalism
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism, green movement
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Environmental Economics
- Business > Sustainable Development
- Business > Economic Development
- Business > Development