China Fast Forward
The Technologies, Green Industries and Innovations Driving the Mainland's Future
China is tirelessly working to overcome its technologicaldeficiencies by driving R&D initiatives in government andbusiness and adapting Western Internet platforms for domestic use.It is extending its technological reach through a major drive torival India as a services outsourcing leader and projecting itshigh-tech brands into the companies and homes of other countries.But whether China succeeds will depend on how it handles suchissues as demography, energy dependency, and resourcelimitations.
The environmental challenges posed by China's vast manufacturingsector are well documented, but what isn't widely realized is thatChina is actually outstripping the West in all manner of greeninitiatives, renewable energy investments, research and developmentfunding, and other areas essential to improving the health of theplanet. However, omnipresent government intervention, environmentaldegradation, natural resource exhaustion, and other issues threatento derail China’s rise to superpower status. As the countrymeets global challenges on a scale that few nations can match,China Fast Forward takes a look at what lies ahead and whyChina’s success is important to us all.
In this book, Bill Dodson explores China's reincarnation from aclosed, agrarian nation into a modern, high-tech superpower bent onliterally cleaning up its act.
- Presents an on-the-ground survey and analysis of China'srenewable and clean energy sector that identifies the kinds ofprojects and technologies Chinese enterprises and local governmentsare hungry for
- Includes a discussion on how successful Chinese companies aredeveloping their brands to go head-to-head with the world’sbest-known companies
- Discusses how central government conflicts of interest areactually foiling corporate and official drives to innovation acrossa range of sectors
Taking a look inside China's march toward becoming a sustainablesuperpower through innovation, China Fast Forward presents abalance sheet of the country's technological and social progress onits path to becoming a world leader.
288 pages; ISBN 9781118176351
, or download in or
Title: China Fast Forward
Author: Bill Dodson
The SPEED of Trust 2006 US$ 12.99 384 pages
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement > Environmentalism
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism, green movement
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Environmental Economics
- Business > Sustainable Development
- Business > Economic Development
- Business > Development