Options Math for Traders
How To Pick the Best Option Strategies for Your Market Outlook
Trading options is considerably different from the buying and selling of other financial instruments. And while no book on options can guarantee success, if you understand and use options math effectively, good things can happen. That's what Options Math for Traders + Website is all about.
Written by Scott NationsPresident and CIO of NationsShares, a leading developer of domestic and international option-enhanced investment productsthis practical guide takes the mystery out of the math behind options, making it both understandable and usable. It also provides you with a solid conceptual foundation of options behavior so you can make more informed decisions when choosing an option strategy for your market outlook. Ultimately, the goal is to familiarize you with the mathematical sophistication required for successful options trading.
Divided into three comprehensive parts, this reliable resource removes much of the guesswork from trading options, with comprehensive coverage of:
- The factors an options trader must consider when putting on a trade, including direction, magnitude, and time
- The quantifiable variables that can be used to determine an option's value and how option pricing models can offer insights as to what an option could be worth
- The what, why, and how much associated with the volatility risk premium
- The role of implied volatility in options trading and the various aspects of skew
- Time value and option price erosion
- Proven option strategies, including covered calls/overwrites, selling puts, buying calendar spreads, risk reversals, and vertical spreads
Each step of the way, Options Math for Traders + Website includes various examples of the strategies coveredillustrating how you can effectively incorporate them into your trading endeavors. It also contains informative "takeaway" sections at the end of each chapter that highlight essential issues you should be aware of when dealing with the specific topics discussed.
Most independent traders have an imperfect understanding of the math behind options. With Options Math for Traders + Website as your guide, you'll gain valuable lessons in this area and quickly discover how this information can improve your overall trading performance.
304 pages; ISBN 9781118239407
, or download in or
Title: Options Math for Traders
Author: Scott Nations