The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
- Full-color throughout
- Free full-color, foldout map
- Insider advice on how to get the most out of the Golden State, from its city lights and wine-growing regions to its ancient redwood forests, beaches, deserts, lakes, and mountains. Learn where to get free tickets to TV tapings in LA, hear about the best hiking paths in the state's top parks, and get tips from local celebrities like Top Chef Just Desserts winner, Yigit Pura, who tells you where to find his favorite desserts in his hometown, San Francisco.
- Where to find the best wine bars in San Francisco, the most scenic stretches of highway along the coast, the best food trucks in LA, the best beaches in San Diego, and the best golf courses, parks, wineries, and museums for kids throughout the state.
- Insightful commentary on getting the most out of a tasting at a winery, finding a hotel to match your needs on any budget, and planning an itinerary of one or more regions--from the Pacific Coast highway in 1 Week to Tahoe & Yosemite in 1 Week to 1 Week for Food & Wine Lovers.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
More from this author