The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Just Spring Data Access
JDBC has simplified database access in Java applications, but a few nagging wrinkles remainâ€”namely, persisting Java objects to relational databases. With this book, youâ€™ll learn how the Spring Framework makes that job incredibly easy with dependency injection, template classes, and object-relational-mapping (ORM).
Through sample code, youâ€™ll discover how Spring streamlines the use of JDBC and ORM tools such as Hibernate, the Java Persistence API (JPA), and Java Data Objects (JDO). If youâ€™re a Java developer familiar with Spring (perhaps through Oâ€™Reillyâ€™s Just Spring tutorial) and want to advance your data access skills, this book shows you how.
- Learn how to use Springâ€™s basic and advanced data access tools
- Work with Springâ€™s JdbcTemplate class to separate non-critical code from business code
- Eliminate placeholder variables in your queries with the NamedParameterJdbcTemplate class
- Use Springâ€™s template classes to perform batch executions
- Operate inserts on database tables without writing any SQL statements
- Learn about Springâ€™s support for Hibernate as an object-relational-mapping tool
- Use JPA as a standards-based ORMâ€”alone or with Spring support
- Move data from a relational to a non-relational database with JDO
78 pages; ISBN 9781449339876
, or download in or
Title: Just Spring Data Access
Author: Madhusudhan Konda
The Innovators 2014 US$ 16.99 528 pages