Foundations and Algorithms
An up-to-date, self-contained introduction to a state-of-the-art machine learning approach, Ensemble Methods: Foundations and Algorithms shows how these accurate methods are used in real-world tasks. It gives you the necessary groundwork to carry out further research in this evolving field.
After presenting background and terminology, the book covers the main algorithms and theories, including Boosting, Bagging, Random Forest, averaging and voting schemes, the Stacking method, mixture of experts, and diversity measures. It also discusses multiclass extension, noise tolerance, error-ambiguity and bias-variance decompositions, and recent progress in information theoretic diversity.
Moving on to more advanced topics, the author explains how to achieve better performance through ensemble pruning and how to generate better clustering results by combining multiple clusterings. In addition, he describes developments of ensemble methods in semi-supervised learning, active learning, cost-sensitive learning, class-imbalance learning, and comprehensibility enhancement.
234 pages; ISBN 9781439830055
, or download in
Title: Ensemble Methods
Author: Zhi-Hua Zhou
The SPEED of Trust 2006 US$ 12.99 384 pages
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Multivariate analysis
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Multiple comparisons (Statistics)
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Computers > Programming > Algorithms
- Computers > Database Management > Data Mining
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Computers > Hardware
- Computers > Data Modeling & Design
- Technology > Electronics