The Syntax Workbook
A Companion to Carnie's Syntax
Written as a companion to the bestselling textbook, Syntax: A Generative Introduction, this workbook features over 120 new exercises in a format that corresponds to each chapter of the textbook. Students and instructors alike consistently point to the need for more exercises than can be provided in a single volume; this Workbook expands upon those in the textbook to give students more practice at mastering the concepts discussed. The provision of end-of-chapter answers makes The Syntax Workbook especially useful for self-study.
The exercises and topics covered include phrase structure, the lexicon, Case theory, ellipsis, auxiliaries, movement, covert movement, locality conditions, VP shells, and control. A website at www.wiley.com/go/carnie includes additional resources that can be accessed, including further exercises, links for further reading, and extra material on HPSG and LFG. This website supports the third edition of Carnie’s Syntax: A Generative Introduction as well as this workbook.
160 pages; ISBN 9781118352830
, or download in or
Title: The Syntax Workbook
Author: Andrew Carnie
More Language Arts
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States > Government. Public administration > Executive branch
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States > State government
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (United States) > Capital. Public buildings. Government property. Government purchasing > State government
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (United States) > Executive branch
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Grammar