CCEA GCSE in English Literature

CCEA GCSE in English Literature
Devised and written by senior examiners, CCEA GCSE in English Literature is the only published course available to students of the new CCEA GCSE English Literature specification. The book is structured to match the elements of the externally examined Units 1 & 2, and combines an active, skills-based approach with dedicated support for all of the set texts for prose and poetry. Presented in an engaging and highly visual way, CCEA GCSE in English Literature gives students all the guidance they need not only to build skills but to transfer them to their own texts, helping them to get the best results in the examinations.

Key features of the course include:
* Accessible spread-based format and design, with clear navigation and signposting through the book
* 'Essentials' spreads for each of the set drama and prose texts, featuring higher and Foundation practice exam questions, with examiner guidance and grade-boosting tips to help students maximise their potential in the examinations.
* Comprehensive poetry support, with coverage of every poem in the three poetry anthologies plus a section dedicated to the new unseen poem, including Higher and Foundation practice questions, writing techniques and example answers to enable students to unlock the requirements and improve their grades.
* Student checklists throughout the book are designed to encourage students to develop self-assessment techniques and monitor their own progress.

Hodder Education; February 2011
Subject categories
1444153331
9781444121650
9781444153330