Russia under Tsarism and Communism 1881-195
The series: SHP Advanced History Core Texts cover the key periods studied in Advanced Level History.
- clear and penetrating narrative - comprehensively explaining the content required for examination success
- thought provoking and relevant activities that explore the content and help students think analytically about the subject
- thorough exam preparation through carefully designed tasks that address the distinctive requirements of Advanced Level history
- a wide range of revision strategies including structured content summaries
Additional features include:
- A focus route pathway for independent learners
- Learning Trouble Spots - which address common misunderstandings
- diagrammatic summaries of key areas of content and historical issues
- accessible summaries of recent historical debates.
This volume is a comprehensive advanced core text on Russia from 1881 to the death of Stalin. It is a second edition of the bestselling Communist Russia under Lenin and Stalin. This second edition is extended to cover the Tsarist pre-revolutionary period. It offers students an insight into
- the nature of Tsarist rule in Russia and the causes and consequences of the 1905 revolution;
- the causes and consequences of the Russian Revolution in 1917;
- the nature, the achievements and failures of Lenin's and Stalin's Communist regimes;
- the ongoing historiographical debate about this period and the current reinterpretations of it.
Other improvements for this second edition include more streamlined coverage of Stalin's foreign policy.
409 pages; ISBN 9781444153156
, or download in
Title: Russia under Tsarism and Communism 1881-195
Author: Terry Fiehn; Chris Corin
Access to History for the IB Diploma: Peacemaking, peacekeeping - international relations 1918-36 2012 US$ 22.38 249 pages
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
Unbroken 2010 US$ 11.99
History for the IB Diploma: The Great Depression and the Americas 192939 2012 US$ 16.00 242 pages