The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Experiences in City-building
Waterfront Regeneration presents a framework to help understand the complexity of waterfront redevelopment as city-building. It uses this framework to examine how several cities around the North Sea have been experimenting with different approaches to waterfront regeneration over the last decade. The book explores how resources, regulations and ideas have influenced the redevelopment of these waterfront areas, through the creation of new design and development processes, the participation of different stakeholders (including planners, urban designers and architects, politicians, developers, landowners and community groups) and the experimentation with innovative design approaches, particularly in relation to public spaces. The book also offers some reflection on future trends and priorities in waterfront regeneration and redevelopment around the North Sea and worldwide.
256 pages; ISBN 9781136478994
, or download in or
More from this author
More Political Science
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > Aesthetics of cities. City planning and beautifying
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Aesthetics of cities. City planning and beautifying
- Academic > Economics
- Architecture > Public, Commercial, or Industrial Buildings
- Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning
- Science > Environmental Science
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development