New to

Representing Landscapes

A Visual Collection of Landscape Architectural Drawings

Representing Landscapes by Nadia Amoroso

What do you communicate when you draw an industrial landscape using charcoal; what about a hyper-realistic PhotoShop collage method? What are the right choices to make? Are there right and wrong choices when it comes to presenting a particular environment in a particular way?

The choice of medium for visualising an idea is something that faces all students of landscape architecture and urban design, and each medium and style option that you select will influence how your idea is seen and understood.

Responding to demand from her students, Nadia Amoroso has compiled successful and eye-catching drawings using various drawing styles and techniques to create this book of drawing techniques for landscape architects to follow and - more importantly - to be inspired by. More than twenty respected institutions have helped to bring together the very best of visual representation of ideas, the most powerful, expressive and successful images. Professors from these institutions provide critical and descriptive commentaries, explaining the impact of using different media to represent the same landscape.

This book is recommended for landscape architecture and urban design students from first year to thesis and is specifically useful in visual communications and graphic courses and design studios.

Taylor and Francis; March 2012
Title: Representing Landscapes
Author: Nadia Amoroso
  • Contents
“Datascaper” Mixes Digital Mapping With Landscape Design - Next City
Wed, 27 May 2015 08:02:38 -0700
Next City“Datascaper” Mixes Digital Mapping With Landscape DesignNext CityI was very pleased to have the founder of the TED ...
Canadian Politician Thinks Past Next Election for Transportation Investment - Next City
Wed, 27 May 2015 10:31:36 -0700
Next CityCanadian Politician Thinks Past Next Election for Transportation InvestmentNext CityCurrent Occupation: Adjunct ...
Harnessing the power of geodesign to create better cities and spaces - Archinect
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:05:00 -0700
ArchinectHarnessing the power of geodesign to create better cities and spacesArchinectNadia Amoroso, co-founder of DataAppeal, ...