Developing Writing Skills in Spanish
Developing Writing Skills in Spanish provides intermediate and advanced level students with the necessary skills to become competent and confident writers in the Spanish language.
With a focus on writing as a craft, Developing Writing Skills in Spanish offers a rich selection of original materials including narrative texts, expository essays, opinion pieces and newspaper articles.
Each chapter covers a specific kind of writing and is designed to help tackle the material in small units. The book aids students in crafting clear, coherent and cohesive manuscripts by means of guided practice and step-by-step activities.
- Guidance on how to structure a variety of texts: narrative, descriptive, expository, argumentative, academic, journalistic, legal and scientific.
- Sequenced exercises on style, writing conventions, word choice, syntax and grammar.
- Reference lists and tables with specialized vocabulary, transition words and other useful expressions.
- Strategies and tips for planning manuscripts, brainstorming ideas, vocabulary enrichment, editing and proofreading.
- Includes original samples, as well as fragments from newspapers, well-known literary works and essays by notable Hispanic authors and journalists.
- Website with additional activities to reinforce the content of each chapter and a teacher's guide with valuable support materials at: www.developingwritingskills.com
Designed as a classroom text, self-study material or simply as a resource on writing, Developing Writing Skills in Spanish is the ideal supplement for all intermediate to advanced students of Spanish.
384 pages; ISBN 9781136342004
, or download in or
Title: Developing Writing Skills in Spanish
Author: Javier Muñoz-Basols; Yolanda Pérez Sinusía; Marianne David