The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Perspectives on Care at Home for Older People
Demographic and epidemiological changes mean that frail older people have come to be seen as an expensive problem for health care systems. The challenge for professionals and policy-makers is to find ways to respond to the coming crisis by delivering high-quality care in the home. This collection offers a critical analysis of home care policy and practice. It focuses on how high-quality care is provided and the practices and policies that support this. It offers case studies (both policy- and practice-oriented empirical studies) from countries that share a basic orientation to social welfare: Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden and the United Kingdom. The nine chapters set out a critical agenda for the development of "good" practices in challenging times. This book is essential reading for students, practitioners and researchers who wish to understand diverse problems in care provision for frail older persons and the complexities of policy responses in different health and social care contexts.
208 pages; ISBN 9781136649738
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Public health. Hygiene. Preventive medicine > Disease (Communicable and noninfectious) and public health
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Public health. Hygiene. Preventive medicine > Home health care services
- Medicine > Health Care Delivery
- Medicine > Nursing
- Medicine > Caregiving
- Medicine > Allied Health Services
- Health & Fitness > Health Care Issues
- Social Science > Special Groups
- Social Science > Gerontology