The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Religion and Change in Modern Britain
This book offers a fully up-to-date and comprehensive guide to religion in Britain since 1945. A team of leading scholars provide a fresh analysis and overview, with a particular focus on diversity and change. They examine:
- relations between religious and secular beliefs and institutions
- the evolving role and status of the churches
- the growth and ‘settlement’ of non-Christian religious communities
- the spread and diversification of alternative spiritualities
- religion in welfare, education, media, politics and law
- theoretical perspectives on religious change.
The volume presents the latest research, including results from the largest-ever research initiative on religion in Britain, the AHRC/ESRC Religion and Society Programme. Survey chapters are combined with detailed case studies to give both breadth and depth of coverage. The text is accompanied by relevant photographs and a companion website.
424 pages; ISBN 9781136475009
, or download in or