The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Work Related Teaching and Learning
In the current economic climate, it is more important than ever that young people engage with the world of work and gain the knowledge, skills and experience they will need to prepare them for their future careers. This book provides an overarching framework for understanding all the separate parts of the work-related learning curriculum and constructs a research-based pedagogy with practical steps for students, teachers and practitioners.
Work-Related Teaching and Learning deepens our understanding of work-related learning and provides an overview of the programmes and recent initiatives designed to make learning more relevant and better connected to work. Drawing on contemporary research and innovative practice, it offers guidance to support teachers and practitioners in the delivery of the work-related learning curriculum.
Covering all aspects of word-related learning from enterprise education and economic well-being to careers education, work experience and the diplomas, features include:
- An overarching conceptualisation of work-related learning
- An exploration of the benefits of work-related learning
- An examination of the key issues and challenges faced
- A detailed look at how teaching and learning activities have been used in various contexts and with what effects
- An assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of different curriculum models
- Case studies and examples of good practice
- Discussion questions for reflective practice
This book is essential reading for current teachers and practitioners involved in work-related learning, as well as students and trainee teachers who wish to improve or develop their practice in the light of recent initiatives.
192 pages; ISBN 9781136643996
, or download in or