The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
An Introduction to Theatre Design
This introduction to theatre design explains the theories, strategies, and tools of practical design work for the undergraduate student.
Through its numerous illustrated case studies and analysis of key terms, students will build an understanding of the design process and be able to:
- Identify the fundamentals of theatre design and scenography
- Recognize the role of individual design areas such as scenery, costume, lighting and sound
- Develop both conceptual and analytical thinking
- Communicate their own understanding of complex design work
- Trace the traditions of stage design, from Sebastiano Serlio to Julie Taymor
Demonstrating the dynamics of good design through the work of influential designers, Stephen Di Benedetto also looks in depth at script analysis, stylistic considerations and the importance of collaboration to the designer’s craft.
This is an essential guide for students and teachers of theatre design. Readers will form not only a strong ability to explain and understand the process of design, but also the basic skills required to conceive and realise designs of their own.
232 pages; ISBN 9781136480119
, or download in or
More from this author
- The Provocation of the Senses in Contemporary Theatre2010US$ 41.95277 pages
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > The stage and accessories > Special topics A-Z
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Theater