The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Play is a crucial component in the development of all children. In this fully updated and revised edition of his classic playwork text, Bob Hughes explores the complexities of children’s play, its meaning and purpose, and argues that adult-free play is essential for the psychological well-being of the child. This revised edition reflects important recent advances in our understanding of the evolutionary history of play and its impact on the development of the brain, of the role play in the development of resilience and of the impact of play deprivation. Evolutionary Playwork is still the only book to combine the reality of playwork practice with the fundamentals of evolutionary and developmental psychology, and it is still essential reading for all playwork students, practitioners and researchers.
424 pages; ISBN 9781135258313
, or download in or
More from this author
- Evolutionary Playwork and Reflective Analytic Practice2001US$ 61.95318 pages
- Project Management for IT-Related Projects2004US$ 34.99318 pages
- Academic > Sports and Recreation > Recreational areas and facilities. Recreation centers
- Academic > Sports and Recreation > Circuses, spectacles, etc.
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Child & Adolescent
- Education > Preschool & Kindergarten
- Education > Educational Psychology
- Sports & Recreation