The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Play is a crucial component in the development of all children. In this fully updated and revised edition of his classic playwork text, Bob Hughes explores the complexities of children’s play, its meaning and purpose, and argues that adult-free play is essential for the psychological well-being of the child. This revised edition reflects important recent advances in our understanding of the evolutionary history of play and its impact on the development of the brain, of the role play in the development of resilience and of the impact of play deprivation. Evolutionary Playwork is still the only book to combine the reality of playwork practice with the fundamentals of evolutionary and developmental psychology, and it is still essential reading for all playwork students, practitioners and researchers.
424 pages; ISBN 9781135258313
, or download in or
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Digital Leadership 2014 US$ 27.95 265 pages
- Academic > Sports and Recreation > Recreational areas and facilities. Recreation centers
- Academic > Sports and Recreation > Circuses, spectacles, etc.
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Child & Adolescent
- Education > Preschool & Kindergarten
- Education > Educational Psychology
- Sports & Recreation