The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Sociology of Adult & Continuing Education
This book provides a comprehensive sociological overview of adult and continuing education. It draws on all branches of sociology rather than advocating one approach. It examines the theories of all the significant sociological writers in the field such as Knowles, Marx, Freire and Gramsci and sets them in the broader intellectual context. It also considers the content of the curriculum in adult education and the place of adult education in society at large. The author indicates the strengths and weaknesses of the different sociological perspectives and demonstrates how they can be used to analyse the function and purpose of adult and continuing education.
294 pages; ISBN 9781136628702
, or download in or
More from this author
- The Theory and Practice of Learning2003US$ 51.95209 pages
- International Dictionary of Adult and Continuing Education2002US$ 58.95228 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education
- Education > Higher
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education