Here Comes the Bogeyman

Exploring contemporary issues in writing for children

Here Comes the Bogeyman by Andrew Melrose

Here Comes the Bogeyman is an essential text focussing on critical and contemporary issues surrounding writing for children. Containing a critically creative and a creatively critical investigation of the cult and culture of the child and childhood in fiction and non-fictional writing, it also contains a wealth of ideas and critical advice to be shared with writers, students of children’s writing and students of writing. With scores of published children’s fiction books and films to his name, Andrew Melrose shares his extensive critical, teaching, writing and research experience to provide:

• a critical and creative investigation of writing and reading for children in the early, middle and pre-teen years
  • an accessible and critically important challenge to the latest international academic research and debates in the field of children’s literature and creative writing.
  • an evaluation of what it means to write for a generation of media-savvy children
  • encouragement for critics, writers and students to develop their own critical, creative and writing skills in a stimulating and supportive manner
  • guidance on writing non-fiction and poetry
  • creative writing craftwork ideas which could be used as seminar topics or as individual reflections

This ‘one-stop’ critical and creative text will be an indispensable resource for critics, writers and students interested in the cult and culture of writing for children; on Creative Writing BA and MA programmes; Children's Literature BA and MA programmes; English BA and MA programmes; Teacher Training, PGCE students and for those studying at Doctoral and Post-Doctoral level who are interested in writing for children.

Taylor and Francis; March 2012
Title: Here Comes the Bogeyman
Author: Andrew Melrose

Buy, download and read Here Comes the Bogeyman (eBook) by Andrew Melrose today!
Subject categories
0203156870
9780203156872
9780415617529
9781136583742
9781136583780
9781136583797