The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Decentralization, Local Governance, and Social Wellbeing in India
Do Local Governments Matter?
Over the past three decades, decentralization has been seen as the means for allowing local governments to become more accountable, and for encouraging the deepening of democracy and the building of village communities. By drawing on original village-level case studies of six villages in three different Indian states, this book presents a systematic analysis of the impact of decentralization on the delivery of social services at the local level within India.
256 pages; ISBN 9781136597992
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Local government. Municipal government
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Local government. Municipal government > Asia
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Local government. Municipal government > Asia
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies