The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Learning Quartz Composer
A Hands-On Guide to Creating Motion Graphics with Quartz Composer
Create Amazing Real-Time Motion Graphics with Quartz Composer!
Apple’s Quartz Composer makes it amazingly easy to create real-time graphics of all kinds: for screensavers, animations, kiosk art, film effects, Dashboard Widgets, graphically-rich apps, and more. But few content creators use QC, because they’ve had practically no useful help–until now. In this book/DVD bundle, two renowned VJs who’ve pushed this tool to the limit show you how to do it, too!
You needn't be a technical expert: Graham Robinson and Surya Buchwald introduce each concept through a hands-on project, with videos demonstrating every step. They start extremely simple, offering beautiful visual feedback and encouraging you to freely explore. The video and text work together to help you build mastery fast, as you create everything from data-driven effects to compelling live performance visuals!
- Mastering Quartz Composer’s powerful interface
- Grabbing live inputs from music or cameras for unique interaction and improvisation
- Outputting video files for everything from smartphone screens to HD video edits
- Using built-in image filters to add visual effects
- Creating organic motion with LFOs, interpolation, and trackballs
- Fixing problems and figuring out what you did wrong
- Making rain, fire, and other cool stuff with particles
- Integrating MIDI musical instruments and other audio resources
- Mastering lighting and timelines
- Building richer environments with replication, iteration, and 3D modeling
- Pushing the boundaries with secret patches, CoreImage filters, and GLSL
If you're a motion graphics designer, filmmaker, VJ, artist, interactive programmer, Cocoa developer, or any other type of "Maker," this book will guide you from acolyte to wizard in no time… and it just might be the most fun instructional you'll ever read!
0321636945 / 9780321636942 Learning Quartz Composer: A Hands-On Guide to Creating Motion Graphics with Quartz Composer
Package consists of:
013308776X / 9780133087765 Learning Quartz Composer: A Hands-On Guide to Creating Motion Graphics with Quartz Composer
0321857577 / 9780321857576 Learning Quartz Composer, DVD: A Hands-On Guide to Creating Motion Graphics with Quartz Composer
0321857585 / 9780321857583 Learning Quartz Composer, Book Component: A Hands-On Guide to Creating Motion Graphics with Quartz Composer
192 pages; ISBN 9780321637024
, or download in
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages