The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Primer to Lighting the Future
We’re on the brink of a lighting revolution with light-emitting diodes—the tiny LEDs you’ve seen in electronic devices for years. With this practical guide, you’ll go behind the scenes to see how and why manufacturers are now designing LED devices to light everything from homes and offices to streets and warehouses.
Author Sal Cangeloso shows you the working parts of a “simple” LED bulb and explains the challenges electronics companies face as they push LED lighting into the mainstream. You’ll learn how you can use LEDs now, and why solid state lighting will bring dramatic changes in the near future.
- Explore the drivers, phosphors, and integrated circuits in a typical LED bulb
- Understand the challenges in producing LED bulbs with acceptable brightness, color temperature, and power consumption
- Learn about non-bulb LED applications, including lamps, street lights, and signage
- Discover the market forces driving—and impeding—the adoption of LED lighting
- Compare LEDs to compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and electron-stimulated luminescence (ESL) bulbs
- Gaze into the future of intelligent lighting, including networked lighting systems
70 pages; ISBN 9781449334727
, or download in or
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages