This monograph covers all important issues of terminal ballistics in a comprehensive way combining experimental data, numerical simulations and analytical modeling. It uses a unique approach to numerical simulations as sensitivity measure for the major physical parameters.
In the first chapter, the book includes necessary details about the experimental equipment which are used for ballistic tests. The second chapter covers essential features of the codes which are used in recent years all over the world, the Euler vs. Lagrange schemes, meshing techniques etc. The third chapter, devoted to the penetration mechanics of rigid rods, brings the update of modeling in this field. The fourth chapter deals with plate perforation and the fifth chapter deals with the penetration of shaped charge jets and eroding long rods. The last chapter includes several techniques for the disruption and defeating of the main threats in armor design.Throughout the book the authors demonstrate the advantages of the simulation approach in understanding the basis physics behind the investigated phenomena.
330 pages; ISBN 9783642253058
, or download in
Title: Terminal Ballistics
Author: Zvi Rosenberg; Erez Dekel
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Medicine and the state
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Forensic medicine. Medical jurisprudence. Legal medicine
- Academic > Engineering > Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General) > Engineering design
- Academic > Engineering > Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General) > Applied optics. Photonics
- Academic > Mathematics > Analytic mechanics > Mechanics, Analytic
- Academic > Mathematics > Analytic mechanics > Continuum mechanics
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics Philosophy
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Computer Science
- Technology > Engineering > Mechanical