Securing SQL Server
Protecting Your Database from Attackers
Securing SQL Server, Second Edition explores the potential attack vectors someone can use to break into your SQL Server database as well as how to protect your database from these attacks. Written by Denny Cherry, a Microsoft MVP for the SQL Server product, a Microsoft Certified Master for SQL Server 2008, and one of the biggest names in SQL Server today. In this book, you will learn how to properly secure your database from both internal and external threats using best practices and specific tricks the author uses in his role as an independent consultant while working on some of the largest and most complex SQL Server installations in the world. This edition includes new chapters on Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Storage Area Network Security.
- Presents hands-on techniques for protecting your SQL Server database from intrusion and attack.
- Provides the most in-depth coverage of all aspects of SQL Server database security, including a wealth of new material on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Denali).
- Explains how to set up your database securely, how to determine when someone tries to break in, what the intruder has accessed or damaged, and how to respond and mitigate damage if an intrusion occurs.
408 pages; ISBN 9781597499521
, or download in or
Title: Securing SQL Server
Author: Denny Cherry
Hadoop: The Definitive Guide 2012 US$ 39.99 688 pages
Alan Turing: The Enigma 2014 US$ 16.95 777 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > C ; Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming Languages > SQL
- Computers > Database Management
- Computers > Security