Securing SQL Server
Protecting Your Database from Attackers
SQL server is the most widely used database platform in the world, and a large percentage of these databases are not properly secured, exposing sensitive customer and business data to attack.
In Securing SQL Server, 2e, readers learn about the potential attack vectors that can be used to break into SQL server databases as well as how to protect databases from these attacks. In this book written by Denny Cherry, a Microsoft SQL MVP and one of the biggest names in SQL server today, readers learn how to properly secure a SQL server database from internal and external threats using best practices as well as specific tricks the authors employ in their roles as database administrators for some of the largest SQL server deployments in the world.
"Denny Cherry is what would happen if Bill Gates and AC/DC got together to create a sibling. He's a bare-knuckles, no holds-barred technologist, and you can bet that if he tells you that something does or doesn't work, he's speaking from experience. Active in the community, his passion is sharing. You'll enjoy this book."--Buck Woody, Senior Technology Specialist, Microsoft
- Presents hands-on techniques for protecting your SQL Server database from intrusion and attack.
- Provides the most in-depth coverage of all aspects of SQL Server database security, including a wealth of new material on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Denali).
- Explains how to set up your database securely, how to determine when someone tries to break in, what the intruder has accessed or damaged, and how to respond and mitigate damage if an intrusion occurs.
408 pages; ISBN 9781597499521
, or download in or
Title: Securing SQL Server
Author: Denny Cherry
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > C ; Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming Languages > SQL
- Computers > Database Management
- Computers > Security