Rainwater Harvesting for Agriculture in the Dry Areas
Eight chapters of this book describe the principles and practices of rainwater harvesting in dry areas, covering a wide range of water harvesting systems,... Throughout the text there are line drawings and photographs, which are particularly well done, as are the additional 25 pages of colour plates. The last two chapters, which address associated socio-economic and environmental aspacts of rainwater harvesting, complement the strong practical engineering focus of the book.
Readers will find this book to be a valuable source on rainwater harvesting.
Erik Craswell, Experimental Agriculture, volume 49(I) - 2013, Cambridge University Press
276 pages; ISBN 9780203106259
, or download in
Title: Rainwater Harvesting for Agriculture in the Dry Areas
Author: Theib Y. Oweis; Dieter Prinz; Ahmed Y. Hachum
- Academic > Logic > Philosophical logic > Special topics > Verification (Logic) > reclamation
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Agricultural ecology (General) > Melioration: Improvement, reclamation, fertilization, irrigation, etc., of lands > Special classes of lands and reclamation methods Including woodlands, burning of lands, deserts, saline environments, moors
- Academic > Agriculture > Special classes of lands and reclamation methods > Water harvesting
- Technology > Agriculture > Crop Science
- Science > Life Sciences
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology