The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Media Studies: The Basics
There have been seismic shifts in what constitutes (the) media in recent years with technological advances ushering in whole new categories of producers, consumers and modes of delivery. This has been reflected in the way media is studied with new theories, concepts and practices coming to the fore. Media Studies: The Basics is the ideal guide to this changing landscape and addresses core questions including:
- Who, or what, is the media?
- What are the key terms and concepts used in analysing media?
- Where have been the impacts of the globalization of media?
- How, and by whom, is media made in the 21st century?
Featuring contemporary case studies from around the world, a glossary and suggestions for further reading, this is the ideal introduction to media studies today.
224 pages; ISBN 9781136315831
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Communication
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Communication; Juvenile literature
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Mass media
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Communication. Mass media
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Social Science