The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Pride of the Confederate Artillery
The Washington Artillery in the Army of Tennessee
In The Pride of the Confederate Artillery, Nathaniel Cheairs Hughes, Jr., illustrates the significance of the unit and, for the first time, positions this pivotal group in its rightful place in history. The Fifth Company, Washington Artillery of New Orleans, fought with the Army of Tennessee from Shiloh to Chickamauga, from Perryville to Mobile, and from Atlanta to Jackson, Mississippi. Slocomb's Battery, as it was also known, won repeated praise from every commander of that army. Although it sustained high losses, the company was recognized for its bold, tenacious fighting and was considered the Army of Tennessee's finest close-combat battery. The Pride of the Confederate Artillery is the compelling story of four hundred men, their organization and service, their victories and defeats in over forty battles.
384 pages; ISBN 9780807151235
Download in or
- Academic > History > United States > Civil War period, 1861-1865 > The Civil War, 1861-1865
- Academic > History > United States > Civil War period, 1861-1865 > Armies. Troops
- Academic > History > America > Pre-Columbian America. The Indians
- History > United States > Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- Current Events > Warfare & Terrorism
- History > Military