The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Children in Difficulty
A guide to understanding and helping
Written by two leading experts in the field, this welcome third edition of Children in Difficulty: A guide to understanding and helping discusses some of the most common, yet incapacitating, difficulties that are frequently encountered by young children and adolescents.
This includes such topics as:
- disruptiveness and challenging behaviour in schools and classrooms
- dyslexia and reading disability
- eating disorders
- oppositional defiance, conduct and attachment disorders
- childhood depression
- school refusal
- developmental coordination disorder (dyspraxia)
- less common mental health problems, such as bipolar disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder.
- traumatic and stressful situations
- drug and solvent abuse.
The third edition of this book includes brand new insights from the fields of genetics and neuroscience and ensures claims for the effectiveness of specific interventions are supported by rigorous, scientific evidence. By drawing upon high level scientific and clinical knowledge and distilling it in a way that is accessible to professionals from a range of child care disciplines, this book will be of significant value to those working in education, health or social care, and anyone who needs to be able to recognise and help children in difficulty.
296 pages; ISBN 9781136504174
, or download in or
More from this author
Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide 2013 US$ 32.95 161 pages
IB Theory of Knowledge 2013 US$ 39.69 450 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Diseases of children and adolescents > Mental disorders. Child psychiatry
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Examination. Diagnosis
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Medicine > Pediatrics
- Education > Special Education
- Education > Counseling
- Education > Preschool & Kindergarten
- Education > Educational Psychology