The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
How Chinese Teach Mathematics and Improve Teaching
How Chinese Teach Mathematics and Improve Teaching builds upon existing studies to examine mathematics classroom instruction in China. It combines contributions from Chinese scholars with commentary from key Western scholars to offer multiple perspectives in viewing and learning about some important and distinctive features of mathematics classroom instruction. Viewing classroom instruction as part of teachers’ instructional practices, this book goes beyond teachers’ in-classroom instructional practice by also examining Chinese teachers’ approaches and practices in developing and improving teaching. Through this unique approach, How Chinese Teach Mathematics and Improve Teaching expands and unpacks the otherwise fragmented knowledge about Chinese practices in developing and carrying out mathematics classroom instruction.
This book is indispensible reading for those interested in Chinese practices in mathematics teaching, and is a key book for teacher educators, school administrators and policy makers in expanding ways of supporting and helping mathematics teachers in instructional development and improvement.
272 pages; ISBN 9781136273551
, or download in
More from this author
- Expertise in Mathematics Instruction2010US$ 159.00373 pages
- International Approaches to Professional Development for Mathematics Teachers2011US$ 14.99281 pages
Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide 2013 US$ 32.95 161 pages
IB Theory of Knowledge 2013 US$ 39.69 450 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Vinogradov, Ivan Matveevich, 1891-
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Study and teaching; China
- Academic > Mathematics > Elementary mathematics
- Mathematics > Study & Teaching
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials