Theory and Practice
Personal Training: Theory and Practice, Second Edition, draws together in one unique volume the personal, practical and business skills central to becoming a successful personal trainer.
This accessible book introduces you to the fundamentals of applied exercise prescription and programme design, as well as advanced concepts including nutritional intervention, postural analysis and the psychology of behaviour change.
- updated to reflect advances in training methodology and techniques in line with requirements for professional qualification
- key points boxes, chapter summaries and a glossary of scientific and technical concepts to aid understanding
- full colour illustrations and photos to support visual learning
- case studies and sample exercise plans to help you put theory into practice
- supported by online resources such as self-assessment tests, downloadable forms and session sheets at www.hodderplus.com/sport
Personal Training: Theory and Practice is the ideal companion and handy reference for those embarking on a career in personal training as well as experienced trainers.
Reviews of the first edition:
'the ideal companion to turn you from an amateur into a professional sports trainer...the only title tailored to meet the needs of UK-based personal training.' Work Out
'a gem of a book...clearly written and presented which makes it easy for both fitness professionals and lay people to understand. Definitely worth buying.' Health and Fitness
Title: Personal Training
Author: James Crossley
The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding 2012 US$ 23.99 832 pages
Beyond Basketball 2006 US$ 9.99