The Official VCP5 Certification Guide
Trust the bestselling Official Cert Guide series from VMware Press to help you learn, prepare, and practice for VCP5 exam success. They are the only VMware authorized self-study books and are built with the objective of providing assessment, review, and practice to help ensure you are fully prepared for your certification exam.
**Note to readers** In March 2013 VMware renamed the VCP5 (VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5) to VCP5-DCV (VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 - Data Center Virtualization).
This is the eBook version of the print title. The eBook edition does not provide access to the test engine software or the practice tests that accompany the print book.
The Official VCP5 Certification Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes open each chapter and enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
- Master VMware VCP510 exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions on the DVD
The Official VCP5 Certification Guide focuses specifically on the objectives for the VCP510 VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5. VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) Bill Ferguson shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, comprehensive design scenarios, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The official study guide helps you master all the topics on the VCP510 exam, including:
- Understanding how virtualization can best be integrated into today's real-world IT environments
- Recognizing what to change, and what to leave alone
- Planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading vCenter Server and VMware ESXi Planning and configuring vSphere networking and storage
- Deploying and Administering Virtual Machines and vApps
- Establishing and Maintaining Service Levels
- Performing basic troubleshooting
- Monitoring vSphere implementations
- Managing vCenter Server alarms
- Preparing for the future of VMware virtualization
The Official VCP5 Certification Guide is part of a recommended learning path from VMware that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized VMware instructors and self-study products from VMware Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered worldwide, please visit www.vmware.com/training.
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7;
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client;
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0;
Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent);
512 MB RAM;
650 MB disc space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam
Also available from VMware Press for VCP5 study is The Official VCP5 Certification Guide Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test available exclusively from pearsonITcertification.com. This digital-only certification preparation product combines an eBook with enhanced Pearson IT Certification Practice Test.
This integrated learning package:
- Allows you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams
- Includes direct links from each question to detailed tutorials to help you understand the concepts behind the questions
- Provides unique sets of exam-realistic practice questions
- Tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most
624 pages; ISBN 9780132965637
, or download in or
Title: The Official VCP5 Certification Guide
Author: Bill Ferguson
Alan M. Turing 2012 US$ 13.00 210 pages
Microsoft Excel and Access Integration 2007 US$ 39.99 410 pages
Alan Turing: The Enigma 2014 US$ 16.95 777 pages
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages