The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days (Covering Java 7 and Android)
Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days
Covering Java 7 and Android App Development
Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days continues to be one of the most popular, best-selling Java tutorials on the market. Written by an expert technical writer, it has been acclaimed for its clear and personable writing, for its extensive use of examples, and for its logical and complete organization.
The sixth edition of Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days adds coverage of Java 7 and places a special emphasis on Android programming, capitalizing on the fastest-growing area of Java programming. There will be a new chapter on Android development and additional material where appropriate throughout the book. This edition also includes new material on using NetBeans, the free integrated IDE for Java.
No previous programming experience required. By following the 21 carefully organized lessons in this book, anyone can learn the basics of Java programming.
Learn at your own pace. You can work through each chapter sequentially to make sure you thoroughly understand all the concepts and methodologies, or you can focus on specific lessons to learn the techniques that interest you most.
Test your knowledge. Each chapter ends with a Workshop section filled with questions, answers, and exercises for further study. There are even certification practice questions.
- Completely revised, updated, and expanded to cover the latest features of Java 7
- Learn to develop standalone Java applications, Android apps, and Java Web Start applications
- Easy-to-understand, practical examples clearly illustrate the fundamentals of Java programming
- Discover how Swing can help you quickly develop programs with a graphical user interface
- Find out about JDBC 4.1 programming with the Java DB database and XML parsing with the open source XOM class library
- Covers new features of Java 7 such as improved try-catch exception handling, the new switch, and Nimbus look and feel
720 pages; ISBN 9780132841658
, or download in or
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages