An outgrowth of the first Asia-Pacific Regional School on the International Heliophysical Year (IHY), this volume contains a collection of review articles describing the universal physical processes in the heliospace influenced by solar electromagnetic and mass emissions. The Sun affects the heliosphere in the short term (space weather) and in the long term (space climate) through numerous physical processes that exhibit similarities in various spatial domains of the heliosphere. The articles take into account various aspects of the Sun-heliosphere connection under a systems approach.
This volume will serve as a ready reference work for research in the emerging field of heliophysics, which describes the physical processes taking place in the physical space controlled by the Sun out to the local interstellar medium.
283 pages; ISBN 9783642113413
, or download in
Title: Heliophysical Processes
Author: Siraj Hasan
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Solar system
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Solar wind
- Academic > Space Sciences > General > Astronomy; Miscellanea
- Science > Astrophysics & Space Science
- Science > Nuclear Physics
- Science > Geology
- Science > Astronomy
- Science > Physics
- Technology > Aeronautics & Astronautics