Integrated Risk Governance
Science Plan and Case Studies of Large-scale Disasters
"Integrated Risk Governance: Science Plan and Case Studies of Large-scale Disasters" is the first book in the IHDP-Integrated Risk Governance Project Series. It consists of two parts: Part I: Integrated Risk Governance Project Science Plan, which outlines the challenge, research programme, outcomes, and implementation strategy of the IRG Project; and Part II: Case Studies of Large-scale Disasters, which includes case analyses of experience, lessons learned and recommendations on various large-scale disasters around the world, such as the Tangshan and Wenchuan earthquakes and the great ice storm in China, European heat waves, and Hurricane Katrina in the USA. The community model of integrated natural disaster risk governance and paradigm of catastrophe risk governance in China are also presented.
Prof. Peijun Shi works at Beijing Normal University, China; Prof. Carlo Jaeger works at Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany; Prof.Qian Ye works at Beijing Normal University, China.
249 pages; ISBN 9783642316418
, or download in
Title: Integrated Risk Governance
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Alcoholism. Intemperance. Temperance reform
- Science > Meteorology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development
- Nature > Natural Disasters
- Technology > Engineering
- Technology > Quality Control
- Business > Environmental Economics