The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
An Introduction to Television Studies
In this comprehensive textbook, newly updated for its second edition, Jonathan Bignell provides students with a framework for understanding the key concepts and main approaches to Television Studies, including audience research, television history and broadcasting policy, and the analytical study of individual programmes.
Features for the second edition include:
- a glossary of key terms
- key terms defined in margins
- suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter
- activities for use in class or as assignments
- new and updated case studies discussing advertisements such as the Guinness ‘Surfer’ ad, approaches to news reporting, television scheduling, and programmes such as Big Brother and Wife Swap.
Individual chapters address: studying television, television histories, television cultures, television texts and narratives, television and genre, television production, postmodern television, television realities, television representation, television you can’t see, shaping audiences, television in everyday life.
, or download in or
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Mass media; Study and teaching
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Broadcasting > Television broadcasts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Media > Television
- Social Science > Popular Culture