Qualitative Methods for Health Research

Qualitative Methods for Health Research by Judith Green
'The new edition of Green and Thorogood's Qualitative Methods for Health Research presents a great choice for professors teaching courses across the health care spectrum due to its authors' ability to give students a diverse buffet designed to whet appetites and increase hunger for more qualitative research nourishment' - The Weekly Qualitative Report

Suitable for researchers and students in the fields of public health, health services research, nursing and health promotion, Qualitative Methods for Health Research provides a thorough and practical introduction to designing, conducting and appraising qualitative research.

Qualitative Methods for Health Research is full of easy-to-follow guidance on how to apply core research skills to health research. Drawing on over twenty years experience of teaching methodology, Green and Thorogood cover the essentials of the theory and principles of applied research in an accessible way.

Using examples from a range of settings, this book introduces readers to the key debates in qualitative methodology; issues in designing ethical, feasible and rigorous projects; the main ways of collecting and analysing qualitative data and ways of appraising and writing qualitative research.

This new, Second Edition covers developments in systematic reviews of qualitative research and analysis, and includes a chapter focusing on practical issues of qualitative work within applied health research programmes.

Key features include:

- Case studies

- Chapter summaries and key points

- Glossary

Qualitative Methods for Health Research is an invaluable introduction for both health professionals and students with little prior knowledge of social theory.

Judith Green is a Reader in Sociology of Health at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

Nicki Thorogood is a Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

SAGE Publications; March 2009
Read online, or download in secure EPUB
Title: Qualitative Methods for Health Research
Author: Judith Green; Nicki Thorogood

Buy, download and read Qualitative Methods for Health Research (eBook) by Judith Green; Nicki Thorogood today!
1847870740
9781446260043
9781847870742