The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Pearson Education 2012; US$ 19.99
Write great search-optimized, customer-optimized web copy! (No experience? No problem! ) Need to put together a website? Or post to your company?s Facebook page? Or write a great Google AdWords ad? You know it?s important. Your image is at stake. Maybe a lot ofmoney, too. But you?re not a professional web copywriter. Where do... more...
- Oxford University Press 1993; US$ 16.00
Slang is a colourful, alternative vocabulary. It bristles with humour, vituperation, prejudice, informality: the slang of English is English with its sleeves rolled up, its shirt-tails dangling, and its shoes covered in mud. This dictionary presents a panoramic view of twentieth century English slang from Britain, North America, Australia, and elsewhere... more...
- Oxford University Press 1998; US$ 26.00
This is a vocabulary building book for anyone who wants to improve their command of English. The first section provides a 'tool-kit' to improve confidence and understanding, while the second is a reference section for help with specific problems. A detailed contents list is provided. more...
- Scribner 2002; US$ 15.00
"Throughout Hemingway's career as a writer, he maintained that it was bad luck to talk about writing -- that it takes off 'whatever butterflies have on their wings and the arrangement of hawk's feathers if you show it or talk about it.'" Despite this belief, by the end of his life he had done just what he intended not to do. In his novels and... more...
- Taylor and Francis 1999; US$ 29.95
Introduces the reader to the essentials of good writing, using many examples of previously published work, such as stories and reviews from daily and weekly newspapers, magazines, periodicals and specialist trade journals. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 420.00
* Examines how language works, accounting for its nature, its use, its study and its history * Two comprehensive indexes of Topics and Technical Terms, and Names * Carefully illustrated to explain key points in the text `This rich repository of information on all aspects of language is a must for all libraries in higher education, schools and larger... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2004; US$ 31.95
Does grammar bother you? Does it first inspire boredom, then fear? Since the virtual removal of formal grammar teaching from our schools' standard curriculum forty years ago, such negative responses have increasingly characterised students and professionals alike. As this lively and user-friendly book sets out to prove, that is both unfortunate and... more...