The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 48.95
Dancing Women: Female Bodies Onstage is a spectacular and timely contribution to dance history, recasting canonical dance since the early nineteenth century in terms of a feminist perspective. Setting the creation of specific dances in socio-political and cultural contexts, Sally Banes shows that choreographers have created representations of women... more...
- Andrews UK 2013; US$ 3.99
Are you a fan of motor racing? Do you follow all the twists and turns of the grand prix circuit? If so, you will undoubtedly be familiar with Formula 1 driver, Fernando Alonso, the 2005/6 world champion. But how much do you know about Fernandos life on and off the circuit? Where and when was El Nano born? How did he first get into... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 204.00
* Score, photographs, and production details of one of this century's best-loved ballets * Includes rare archival material * Packaged with audio CD This work brings together the complete dance score of The Green Table--one of the most famous ballets of the 20th century--in Labanotation, along with music notation for the piano accompaniment and a complete... more...
- Ashgate Publishing Ltd 2013; US$ 104.95
This book provides a rich historical and ethnographic account of step dancing, step dancers, and Irish cultural institutions. Catherine Foley tells the story of step dance from its roots in eighteenth-century Ireland to its modern globalized appeal. Foley applies a regional focus to her examination of step dace, looking at three step dance practices... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 90.00
Transcending Boundaries is an autobiography tracing the multifaceted and wide-ranging career of choreographer, director, performer and professor of dance, Donald McKayle. His chance meeting with the legendary Bill Robinson, who obligingly responded to the entreaties of a nine-year-old and executed an impromptu version of his infectious stair tap-dance,... more...
- McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers 2013; US$ 39.95
Choreographer Alex Romero created Jailhouse Rock, the iconic Elvis Presley production number, but never received screen credit for his contribution. This book tells his story. The son of a Mexican general, Romero escaped the Mexican Revolution, joined his family's vaudeville dance act and became a dancer in Hollywood. Part of Jack Cole's exclusive... more...
- Reaktion Books 2013; US$ 25.00
Born on the unlit streets of Buenos Aires, tango was inspired by the music of European immigrants who crossed the ocean to Argentina, lured by the promise of a better life. It found its home in the city’s marginal districts, where it was embraced and shaped by young men who told stories of prostitutes, petty thieves, and disappointed lovers... more...