The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Oxford University Press, USA 2010; US$ 12.99
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act signed by President Obama in March 2010 is a landmark in U.S. social legislation. The new law extends health insurance to nearly all Americans, fulfilling a century-long quest and bringing the United States to parity with other industrial nations. Affordable Care aims to control rapidly rising health care... more...
- Henry Holt and Co. 2010; US$ 16.99
Our sharpest and most original social critic goes "undercover" as an unskilled worker to reveal the dark side of American prosperity. Millions of Americans work full time, year round, for poverty-level wages. In 1998, Barbara Ehrenreich decided to join them. She was inspired in part by the rhetoric surrounding welfare reform, which promised that... more...
- Pearson Education 2008; US$ 32.00
For undergraduate and graduate courses in social entrepreneurship and nonprofit management. This text brings together the established pedagogy of entrepreneurship with cutting edge nonprofit and public management tools. more...
- Allen & Unwin 2005; US$ 40.90
An introduction to the process of social policy making in Australia. The authors emphasise the intensely human and political nature of the development of social services and programs, illustrating their arguments with detailed case studies. more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 36.99
1. Child Welfare Supervision: An Overview, Cathryn Potter. 2. Models of Social Work Supervision, Charmaine R. Brittain. 3. Supervisors as Leaders: A Critical Dimension for Organizational Success, Gary R. Anderson. 4. Management Essentials for Child Welfare Supervisors, Jean East & Michele D. Hanna. 5. The Child Welfare Unit, Michele D. Hanna. 6. Maximizing... more...
- University of California Press 2009; US$ 26.95
The War Comes Home is the first book to systematically document the U.S. government's neglect of soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. Aaron Glantz, who reported extensively from Iraq during the first three years of this war and has been reporting on the plight of veterans ever since, levels a devastating indictment against the Bush administration... more...
- Wiley 2013; US$ 64.95
Assessing and managing risk is a daily challenge for social workers. Working with risk can be anxiety provoking and demanding, requiring great skill and high levels of confidence. In these complex situations, social workers have to work hard to get the balance right. This innovative book focuses on the development and use of skills for work with... more...