The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2009; US$ 15.95
From its unforgettable opening scene in the darkness of a forgotten cemetery in Buenos Aires, Nathan Englander's debut novel The Ministry of Special Cases casts a powerful spell. In the heart of Argentina's Dirty War, Kaddish Poznan struggles with a son who won't accept him; strives for a wife who forever saves him; and spends his nights protecting... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2009; US$ 15.00
One of the most stunning literary debuts of our time, these energized, irreverent, and deliciously inventive stories introduce an astonishing new talent. In the collection's hilarious title story, a Hasidic man gets a special dispensation from his rabbi to see a prostitute. "The Wig" takes an aging wigmaker and makes her, for a single moment, beautiful.... more...
- Faber & Faber 2011; US$ 10.19
Acclaimed as an astonishing debut, For the Relief of Unbearable Urges is a collection of nine delightfully irreverent stories that range from Stalin's Russia to contemporary New York. Wise and compassionate, outrageous and wrenchingly sad, they place Nathan Englander firmly in the company of Bellow, Malamud, Singer and Roth. more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2012; US$ 15.00
What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank ?Englander?s new collection of stories tells the tangled truth of life in prose that, as ever, surprises the reader with its gnarled beauty . . . Certifiable masterpieces of contemporary short-story art.? ?Michael Chabon ?A resounding testament to the power of the short story from a master of... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2015; US$ 0.99
Praise for Nathan Englander and What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank ?I?m in love. For evidence that collections can be just as satisfying, read as deep, if not deeper, and beat with as much life and insight as a hulking novel, look no further.? ?Elissa Schappell, Vanity Fair ?Showcases Mr. Englander?s extraordinary gifts as a writer.?... more...
- Random House 2012; US$ 14.38
Etgar Keret is an ingenious and original master of the short story. Radical, witty and always unusual, declared a 'genius' by the New York Times , Keret brings all of his prodigious talent to bear in this bestselling collection. A man barges into a writer's house and, holding a gun to his head, demands that he tell him a story, something... more...
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux 2012; US$ 14.99
1. How were you affected by the way the title story and the closing story, "What Animal Are You?," describe writers versus audiences? Does the story in "The Story, Victorious" fulfill the high expectations that were set for it? 2. If you were to pull the arm of the gumball machine in "Lieland," what would you encounter? Who were the most interesting... more...