The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,597,636 members ⚫ 1,163,417 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- CRC Press 2014; US$ 341.00
1. Assisted Protein Folding 2. Autoregulation of the Heat Shock Response in Procaryotes 3. Protein Kinase Cascades Involved in Heat Shock Protein Expression and Function 4. Genetic Evidence for the Roles of Molecular Chaperones in Escherichia coli Metabolism 5. Functions in Development 6. Early Events in the Synthesis and Maturation of Polypeptides... more...
- University of California Press 2001; US$ 15.95 US$ 12.76
For many Germans the hyperinflation of 1922 to 1923 was one of the most decisive experiences of the twentieth century. In his original and authoritative study, Bernd Widdig investigates the effects of that inflation on German culture during the Weimar Republic. more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2004; US$ 165.00
This book is representative of the work of Chinese probabilists on probability theory and its applications in physics. It presents a unique treatment of general Markov jump processes: uniqueness, various types of ergodicity, Markovian couplings, reversibility, spectral gap, etc. more...
- Wiley 2006; US$ 159.95 US$ 138.62
As the wireless world opens up, this book explores the evolving role of multimedia and UMTS technology in the mobile communications sector. The author draws on his extensive experience in the field to provide an approach that will appeal to academia and industry alike, covering hot topics such as regulation and licensing, services and applications,... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2005; US$ 139.00
The sixth edition of this worldwide used textbook was thoroughly - vised and extended. Throughout the whole text you will ?nd numerous improvements, extensions, and updates. Above all, I would like to draw your attention to two major changes. Firstly, the whole textbook is now clearly partitioned into basic and advanced material in order to cope with... more...
- CRC Press 2004; US$ 209.95
Image processing is fast becoming a valuable tool for analyzing multidimensional data in all areas of natural science. Since the publication of the best-selling first edition of this handbook, the field of image processing has matured in many of its aspects from ad hoc, empirical approaches to a sound science based on established mathematical and physical... more...
- Oxford University Press 1993; US$ 179.99 US$ 154.79
Offering a new perspective on auxiliaries in particular and language structure in general, this study argues that language cannot be explained satisfactorily with reference to linguistic variables alone; what is required in addition are extra-linguistic parameters relating to how we perceive the world around us, and how we utilize the linguistic resources... more...
- Oxford University Press 1997; US$ 72.99 US$ 62.77
The main function of language is to convey meaning. Therefore, argues Bernd Heine in these pages, the question of why language is structured the way it is must first of all be answered with reference to this function. Linguistic explanations offered in terms of other exponents of language structure (for example, syntax) are likely to highlight peripheral... more...
- Elsevier Science 2000; US$ 125.00
Based on the highly successful 3-volume reference Handbook of Computer Vision and Applications , this concise edition covers in a single volume the entire spectrum of computer vision ranging form the imaging process to high-end algorithms and applications. This book consists of three parts, including an application gallery, and is accompanied by a... more...